Thursday, January 17, 2008

Voice Lessons and Cakes

So I began voice lessons today. I. Was. Terrffied. I have this horrible fear of singing in front of any living creature (dead things are fine). My dad drove me up and I said, "Are you going to walk me to the door?" he gave me a you've-got-to-be-kidding look and I trudged across the icy driveway. Alone. I knocked and the teacher answered the door. She's really young (one of my friend's older sister) and really hyper. Honestly she talked like crazy! Which was awesome, because I got to talk less. She's also an amazing singer and dancer.

I didn't have to sing! We just did basic stuff so it wasn't bad. Breathing, support, posture, soft pallette. Ya know. Basics.

That's my story!

Oh, and it was the director(of YCTIWY)'s birthday. I baked her a cake and we had a party. I frosted an Orca on the cake because she loves Orcas. It was uber fun. Maybe I'll post a picture.

~Enna Isilee

4 comments:

Erin said...

Cool. :) I've only taken a few voice lessons, but they helped me A LOT.

Q said...

I've taken a few too, but they really do help. Have you been in a choir before? Because just the basic singing experience will help a lot, even though the kinds of singing can be very different. I believe in you.

Enna Isilee said...

I was in choir and musical theatre class for a year, it was a good experience (kinda, the teacher was lame) but I couldn't do it again. I have a very academicly minded brain, and I just didn't feel like I was learning enough.

Q said...

Oh, yeah. I know the feeling.