Tuesday, December 18, 2007

First Audition of the Year

Well it’s time for my school’s non-musical. Woot! I love watching musicals, but I have this irrational fear of singing in front of any living thing so…

Anyway, I’m really excited for this one because not only is it not a musical, but it’s a comedy! Last year they did a very depressing play and I didn’t make it (probably because I’m not so good at that) but this year it’s gonna be great!

Auditions are tomorrow and I’ve only partly memorized my monologue, but I have time… enough hopefully. Here’s the monologue I’m using:

~

BLINK OF AN EYE
Jeremy Dobrish


CELESTE: Well, you see, being a Guarding Angel is not the greatest job you could ask for. I
mean, yes, you get certain perks. Stopping time’s not bad, free fries, whatever, but basically it’s a pretty low self-esteem kind of deal. No matter how hard you try, you’re destined to fail right? I mean I can watch and watch and watch, and be your guardian and help out as best I can. But ultimately, one of these days (and I’m not saying it’s coming anytime soon OK? So don’t get all freaky and weird on me) but one of these days someone or something’s gonna act too quickly for me to react and you’re gonna get yours.

I mean it’s not like you’re my only client, you know what I’m saying? I’ve got a lot of people to look out for. Not to mention the animals. Although I must admit the cats are a little easier ‘cause at least I can blow it a few times with them so I don’t really watch my cats too closely… Oh, but don’t get me wrong, I like cats. People… they try to be in the past, present, and future all at the same time, while cats live only in the present, in the eternity of an instant. Ever notice that?

~

I hope that works out well. The call-back list will be posted on Thursday morning, call-backs will be Thursday afternoon, and final list will be posted on Friday. I’ll post about how I thought the audition went tomorrow afternoon (if I have time. Family Christmas party and all that).

It's been so long since I've been in a play. Over 2 years. I've just been way swamped. I'm nervous. Luckily the director and I are tight. ;-)

~Enna Isilee

2 comments:

Anidori-Isilee said...

Good luck! I have to say that that monologue sounds like something you could totally pull off brilliantly. :D

Erin said...

Oh, I LOVE this monologue. I just read it out loud sitting at my computer and decided I am so going to use it sometime.... You'll do fine at auditions, I'm sure. :)