Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Audition Anxiety

I’m telling you that auditions were created solely for the purpose of striking fear into the heart of man and keeping him humble.

Actually, I wasn’t as afraid as usual at this audition. I knew the director really well (she’s like the coolest teacher ever) and my monologue came really natural to me (good thing too, because I memorized it 10 minutes before the audition). When she called my group in a had a few butterflies, mostly because I hadn’t run the monologue past my mom (she’s wonderful at telling what I’m doing wrong).

I had to go first. I got on stage and gave my slate:
“Hello my name is Enna Isilee and I will be doing a piece from 'Blink of an Eye' by Jeremy Dobrish and I will be portraying the part of Celeste.”

I stepped back and began the monologue. I was a little fidgety and my blocking wasn’t that great but I think I did okay. My biggest error was that I think I was too fast, and I was stuck in a southern accent, but that wasn’t too bad. I didn’t come even close to getting the monologue word-for-word but it didn’t really matter ‘cause she’d never read it. And I didn’t hiccup at all.

Callbacks will be posted tomorrow morning! And then if I make it I’ll try-out again in the afternoon.

Eeps!

~Enna Isilee

3 comments:

Erin said...

"Auditions were created solely for the purpose of striking fear into the heart of man and keeping him humble."

That made me grin. So very, very true....

Debbie Barr said...

Oh, yay! I hope that it goes well for you, and that you get a fabulous part!

Enna Isilee said...

I just hope I get a part.